The following organizations have provided internships to DWR Majors in the past. Please note that students are more than welcome to explore options outside of this list.
- Position: Event outreach
Job Duties include social media management; proofreading; assistance with book launch plans/research; brand messaging
- Contact: Ryan Rivas, Publisher
Ryan@ Phone: 407-422-8755
- Position: Proofreader and copywriter
Job duties include drafting web and jacket copy; drafting press releases; and staffing events and signings.
- Contact: Matt Peters, Publisher
MattP@ Phone: 321-356-7676
A peer-reviewed online journal dedicated to the publication of undergraduate student research in writing and rhetoric and the digital humanities. Undergraduate research brings knowledge and experience together and builds a foundation for career exploration and development. The main objective of the journal is to foster and reward the scholarly efforts of UCF’s Writing and Rhetoric students while building and simulating a real world academic and learningjournal will be offering three internships:
- Position: Research and Content Editor
Job duties include research (for initial development and ongoing to sustain currency), helping with the Call for Papers (CFP), and editing/preparing final accepted submissions for publicationBenefit to student: experience working on a juried online publication; research experience; editing experience. Mentorship with UCF faculty.
Skills needed: editing, research, MLA knowledge.
- Position: Web design and Layout Editor
Job duties include working with web management (including basic coding), web design, and content maintenance (including updating the site and installing multimodal submissions)
Benefit to student: web design experience, creative input, web management experience. Mentorship with UCF faculty.
Skills needed: some web development experience, basic coding, experience with graphics/layout programs a plus.
- Position: Graphic design and Marketing
Job duties include designing promotional materials, social media management, and student outreach
Benefit to student: Experience with developing marketing materials in both print and online platforms, and opportunities to disseminate these materials. Mentorship with UCF faculty.
Skills needed: experience with graphics/layout programs (such as Photoshop, Indesign, or MS Publisher), knowledge of and experience with different social media platforms.
- Contact: Dr. Marcy Galbreath, Marcy.Galbreath@ ; P. Dan Martin, Paul.Martin@
e-Learning; creates game-based, online and mobile learning experiences
- Position: Assistant Writer; work collaboratively with a team; write outlines, treatment, and script storyboards that align with learning objectives; collaborate with clients to revise project documents. Skills required include Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, ability to communicate ideas using visuals (tables, graphs, illustrations, photos); experience with HTML/web publishing a plus.
- Contact: Jack McGrath, President, Creative Director
- Contact: Nathalie Sarju, Human Resources
Direct SEO, Web, & Graphic Design Services
- Position: Media writer; researching and writing about various topics for website content.
- Contact: JC Yalcin, Marketing Director
jcyalcin@ Phone: 407-571-3701
Philanthropy, communications, and legal work in support of low-income and disadvantaged groups in need.
- Position: Strong people skills and precise communication skills to work with intake of clients; prepare marketing and fund-raising documents; research; proofread and edit speeches
- Contact: Donna Haynes, Manager of Development
email@example.com Phone: 407-515-1850
Fast, easy and affordable individual property marketing system designed to enhance real estate listing presentations, increase exposure and generate leads.
- Position: Content Writer; Assist with editorial projects, provide support to the communications team, drafting, compiling and writing news stories and articles, researching assigned story leads, fact-checking, copy editing, reviewing editorial submissions, and developing premium content for our family of websites. 15 hours per week. *Include resume and 3 writing samples when applying.
- Position: Digital Marketer; devekop and implement online marketing strategies using social media marketing, content marketing, relationship building, e-mail marketing and more. 15 hours per week. *Include resume when applying
- Contact: Caleb McElveen, Director of SEO and Content Development
caleb.mcelveen@listing Phone: 407-775-8375
Free alternative news weekly
- Position: Editorial; fact-checking; conduct research; data entry; write short pieces; must be able to earn academic credit to apply.
- Position: Educational Intern; after-school tutoring and creative literacy programs grades 5-12. Guide students through the writing process; various managerial duties
- Contact: Paul Driscoll, Director of Education
Paul@page15.org Phone: 407-822-8755
- Position: Intern needed to run one of the affiliate blogs, researching topics and creating fresh content that interest our target audience. Looking for interns who enjoy writing, wouldn’t mind discussing topics of sexual health, reproductive issues, women’s rights, etc. The voice of the blogs need to match conversations that Generation Z would understand and engage in a dialogue with.
- Contact: Danei Stephenson, Branding and Marketing Coordinator
Inspiring Connections Outdoors Program
- Position: Research and draft grants to engage community groups in outdoor activities
- Contact: Susan Kairys-Courech, Outreach Coordinator
- Position: Writing Print/Digital Content; crafting headline packages, copy editing/fact checking content; creating SEO-friendly digital content packages; pitching/developing content ideas; assisting with editorial planning; advanced skills required.
- Contact: Eric Michael, Content Director
Eric.Michael@ Phone: 407-823-2622
United Arts of Central Florida
Collaborative Community Support for the Arts
- Position: Grant management process; compile data and prepare presentations; proofread sections of Orlando Arts Magazine and associated publications; attend program-related meetings. Professional dress is required.
- Contact: Trudy Wild, Grants & Research Specialist
Trudy@ Phone: 321-972-9837
World Upside Down
- Contact: Joanna Puello. CEO/Founder
This list was last edited on 2/2/17.
If any changes need to be made to this list, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.