Knights Write provides a chance for students and faculty from across campus to get a glimpse of the exciting work currently going on in our First-Year Writing Program, Undergraduate Program, and Graduate Program. Activities include student displays, student panels, a faculty panel, and publication awards ceremony.
11th Annual Knights Write Event
You can access the recordings of the sessions below:
The Department of Writing and Rhetoric publishes Stylus: A Journal of First-Year Writing to provide a forum for the exemplary writing and research produced by students enrolled in the university’s first-year composition courses.
Bringing together work from across a program of some 4,000 students, Stylus celebrates writing that demonstrates an inquiring mind, compelling prose, and original thought.
The John C. Hitt Prize for Excellence in First Year Writing is awarded yearly as part of the Knights Write awards ceremony. The Hitt Prize recognizes the talent and hard work of one student published in either of the preceding winter or spring issues.Hitt Prize info and past winners
Convergence Rhetoric Awards
Convergence Rhetoric is a peer-reviewed, research journal dedicated to the publication of undergraduate student research in writing and rhetoric and the digital humanities. The name of our journal reflects a recognition that rhetoric, or the art of communication, is an integral part of lived experience, and the place where multiple areas of life converge. Convergence Rhetoric is a place to make these ideas visible by publishing student research projects.
Since 2020, the Department of Writing and Rhetoric has recognized one outstanding article annually with the Excellence in Convergence Publication Award that is announced at the Knights Write Awards Ceremony,
Imprint is a University of Central Florida Student Publication. As a student run magazine supported by the Writing and Rhetoric department, our mission is to Entertain, Empower, and Evoke Action in order to leave a lasting impression on the UCF student population.
Since 2020, the Department of Writing and Rhetoric has recognized one outstanding article annually with the Excellence in Imprint Publication Award that is announced at the Knights Write Awards Ceremony,
- “Knights Write 2020 celebrates a decade of showcasing student writing”
- “Knights Write: Works of First-Year Writers Showcased” from UCF Today
- “Knights Write: UCF to Showcase New Department” from UCF Today
- “Knights Write shows talent” from the Central Florida Future
- “Inaugural Knights Write showcase features first-year students’ work” from the Orlando Sentinel
Past Knights Write Showcases
- 2018 – 8th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2017 – 7th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2016 – 6th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2015 – 5th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2014 – 4th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2013 – 3rd Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2012 – 2nd Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2011 – 1st Annual Knights Write Showcase