The Knights Write Showcase provides a chance for students and faculty from across campus to get a glimpse of the exciting work currently going on in our First-Year Writing Program. Activities include student displays, student panels, a faculty panel, and the Stylus Awards Ceremony.
The Department of Writing and Rhetoric publishes Stylus: A Journal of First-Year Writing to provide a forum for the exemplary writing and research produced by students enrolled in the university’s first-year composition courses.
Bringing together work from across a program of some 4,000 students, Stylus celebrates writing that demonstrates an inquiring mind, compelling prose, and original thought.
John C. Hitt Prize for Excellence in First-Year Writing
Awarded yearly as part of the Stylus Awards ceremony, the John C. Hitt Prize recognizes the talent and hard work of one student published in either of the preceding winter or spring issues. This $500 award includes a $250 book scholarship provided by the President.Hitt Prize info and past winners
Convergence Rhetoric Awards
Convergence Rhetoric is a peer-reviewed, research journal dedicated to the publication of undergraduate student research in writing and rhetoric and the digital humanities. The name of our journal reflects a recognition that rhetoric, or the art of communication, is an integral part of lived experience, and the place where multiple areas of life converge. Convergence Rhetoric is a place to make these ideas visible by publishing student research projects.
Undergraduate research brings knowledge and experience together and builds a foundation for career exploration and development. The main objective of the journal is to foster and reward the scholarly efforts of undergraduate writing and rhetoric students while building and simulating a real world academic and learning community.
Welcome to Imprint, a University of Central Florida Student Publication.
As a student run magazine supported by the Writing and Rhetoric department, our mission is to Entertain, Empower, and Evoke Action in order to leave a lasting impression on the UCF student population.
This publication reflects articles written by student writers who are looking for an opportunity to voice their ideas and opinions about the community.
- “Knights Write 2020 celebrates a decade of showcasing student writing”
- “Knights Write: Works of First-Year Writers Showcased” from UCF Today
- “Knights Write: UCF to Showcase New Department” from UCF Today
- “Knights Write shows talent” from the Central Florida Future
- “Inaugural Knights Write showcase features first-year students’ work” from the Orlando Sentinel
Past Knights Write Showcases
- 2018 – 8th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2017 – 7th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2016 – 6th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2015 – 5th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2014 – 4th Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2013 – 3rd Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2012 – 2nd Annual Knights Write Showcase
- 2011 – 1st Annual Knights Write Showcase