Thank you for your interest in Imprint! Want to get your writing noticed? We want to publish your work! If you are interested in publishing a nonfiction article, we would love to consider it for publication in our upcoming edition!
Imprint is a UCF student-run online magazine that is supported by the Department of Writing and Rhetoric. Our mission is to entertain, empower, and evoke action to leave a lasting impression on the UCF student population. We currently publish three issues per year at the conclusion of the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Our magazine contains articles written by students of all majors, cultures, and walks of life.
We are currently accepting submissions for our Summer 2020 edition! The theme for our Summer edition is TOGETHER APART. Specifically, we are looking for articles related to the effects of COVID-19 and social distancing in the following areas:
- (Socially-distant) Knight Life
- Beyond UCF
For your article to be considered, you must be a current UCF undergraduate or graduate student, and your article must be written for a UCF audience. Content should be applicable to the UCF community. At Imprint, we are passionate about creating a publication by Knights, for Knights!
Here are some additional guidelines for Imprint articles:
- Content must be appropriate – no swearing or explicit material. Imprint is meant to be inviting and comfortable for all readers.
- No “rant” articles. While Imprint does consider opinion and personal experience pieces, it is not a platform for political bashing, intolerance, or insults.
- Articles must be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,500 words in length.
- Articles must be written in a legible, 12-point font and double-spaced. If the editors cannot easily read your submission, it will not be considered for publication.
- Articles must be submitted as a Word document – either .doc or .docx file extensions. If the editors cannot easily open your article to make revisions, it will not be read or considered for publication.
If you would like to be featured in our Summer 2020 edition, please send us an article pitch, including a subject line/working title and a summary of your content ideas. We have included an example pitch for reference!
Submit your article pitch at email@example.com before the first deadline of June 19th. We can’t wait to read it!
For further information, contact Debbie Weaver, Editor-in-Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org