Thank you for your interest in Imprint! Want to get your writing noticed? We want to publish your work! If you are interested in publishing a nonfiction article, we would love to consider it for publication in our upcoming edition!
Imprint is a UCF student-run online magazine that is supported by the Department of Writing and Rhetoric. Our mission is to entertain, empower, and evoke action to leave a lasting impression on the UCF student population. We currently publish three issues per year at the conclusion of the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Our magazine contains articles written by students of all majors, cultures, and walks of life.
We are currently accepting submissions for our Spring 2021 edition! The theme for this edition is WHAT WE CARE ABOUT. Specifically, we are looking for articles related to what students are passionate about at UCF, (this could be something that could be different or something that could be more widespread on campus) here are possible areas of interest:
- Food options on campus
- Online classes and tuition
- Academic or emotional support from professors
- How organizations are facilitating social interaction on campus during a pandemic
- UCF’s support of the LGBTQ+ community on campus
- In-person vs. Zoom classes in terms of safety and social interactions
- UCF supporting freshmen and transfer student social needs during the pandemic
- Student access to healthcare
- Accessibility on campus and in the online environment
- UCF supporting student workers on campus
- UCF’s environmental impact
- UCF’s charitable impact
- Mental health resources on campus
For your article to be considered, you must be a current UCF undergraduate or graduate student, and your article must be written for a UCF audience. Content should be applicable to the UCF community. At Imprint, we are passionate about creating a publication by Knights, for Knights!
Here are some additional guidelines for Imprint articles:
- Content must be appropriate – no swearing or explicit material. Imprint is meant to be inviting and comfortable for all readers.
- No “rant” articles. While Imprint does consider opinion and personal experience pieces, it is not a platform for political bashing, intolerance, or insults.
- Articles must be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,500 words in length.
- Articles must be written in a legible, 12-point font and double-spaced. If the editors cannot easily read your submission, it will not be considered for publication.
- Articles must be submitted as a Word document – either .doc or .docx file extensions. If the editors cannot easily open your article to make revisions, it will not be read or considered for publication.
If you would like to be featured in our Spring 2021 edition, please send us an article pitch, including a subject line/working title and a summary of your content ideas. We have included an example pitch for reference!
Submit your article pitch at firstname.lastname@example.org before the first deadline of March 5th. We can’t wait to read it!
For further information, contact Debbie Weaver, Editor-in-Chief, at email@example.com