Thank you for your interest in Imprint! We currently publish three issues per year at the conclusion of the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Articles are sorted into three sections: From the Editors, Peer Posts, and Campus Talk. Submission deadline for Fall is October 22, 2018. Submissions should be sent to Imprint@ucf.edu. In the email subject line, put “Imprint Query” or “Imprint Article.” Attach your submission in a Word Doc. In the body of the email please provide your contact information.
We accept articles from all majors in Peer Posts. In this category, you have a wide variety of topics to choose from. Articles here focus on issues relevant to college students and some capture aspects of the Orlando community that would appeal to students. Please look over past “Peer Posts” to see what topics Imprint prefers.
Articles in Campus Talk pertain to events occurring around campus or one of UCF’s Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). This is the place for Knights to find more about what’s going on in the UCF community.
Imprint is currently seeking articles on the following topics:
- What is a unique experience you have had at UCF?
- How has UCF helped you deal with social issues?
- Do you know a student who should be featured in a Student in the Major article?
- What are the pros and cons of the SGA electoral candidates?
- What is a social movement you’re passionate about on campus?
- What is a local organization that you want to draw attention to?
Imprint also welcomes the submission of articles on unsolicited topics.
In order for your article to be considered, you must be a current UCF undergrad or graduate student, and your article must be written for a UCF audience. Content should be applicable to the UCF community. At Imprint, we are passionate about creating a publication by Knights, for Knights!
Here are additional guidelines for your article:
- Content must be appropriate – no swearing or explicit material. Imprint is meant to be inviting and comfortable for all readers.
- No “rant” articles. While Imprint does consider opinion and personal experience pieces, it is not a platform for political bashing, intolerance, or insults.
- Articles must be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,500 words in length.
- Articles must be written in a legible, 12-point font and double-spaced. If the editors cannot easily read your submission, it will not be considered for publication.
- Articles must be submitted as a Word document – either .doc or .docx file extensions. If the editors cannot open your article, it will not be read or considered for publication.
Thank you for your interest in Imprint! If you would like to be featured in our spring edition, please complete your submissions by October 22. We hope to see your article soon.