Thank you for your interest in Imprint! Want to get your writing noticed? We want to publish your work! If you are interested in publishing a nonfiction article, we would love to consider it for publication in our upcoming edition!
Imprint is a UCF student-run online magazine that is supported by the Department of Writing and Rhetoric. Our mission is to entertain, empower, and evoke action to leave a lasting impression on the UCF student population. We currently publish three issues per year at the conclusion of the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Our magazine contains articles written by students of all majors, cultures, and walks of life.
We are currently accepting submissions for our Summer 2019 edition! We are looking for articles related to the following topics:
- Opinion pieces
- Knight life
- Greater Orlando area
Imprint also welcomes the submission of articles on unsolicited topics.
In order for your article to be considered, you must be a current UCF undergrad or graduate student, and your article must be written for a UCF audience. Content should be applicable to the UCF community. At Imprint, we are passionate about creating a publication by Knights, for Knights!
Here are some additional guidelines for your article:
- Content must be appropriate – no swearing or explicit material. Imprint is meant to be inviting and comfortable for all readers.
- No “rant” articles. While Imprint does consider opinion and personal experience pieces, it is not a platform for political bashing, intolerance, or insults.
- Articles must be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,500 words in length.
- Articles must be written in a legible, 12-point font and double-spaced. If the editors cannot easily read your submission, it will not be considered for publication.
- Articles must be submitted as a Word document – either .doc or .docx file extensions. If the editors cannot open your article, it will not be read or considered for publication.
If you would like to be featured in our Summer edition, please complete your submissions by June 21. We hope to see your article soon!
For further information, contact Debbie Weaver, Editor-in-Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your article now at email@example.com!